Forefront of the market
Exhibition: 20th China International Adhesives & Sealant Exhibition
Risun Polymer Was Invited to HUI TIAN 2016 Core Suppliers Summit
1. The advantages of sealants & adhesives made with STP polymer compared with silicon and PU sealants.
Advantages compared with silicone sealants:
* Higher strength, excellent comprehensive properties
* More eco-friendly
* No surface pollution, solvent free
* Better vapour resistance
* Following industry development trend, having big potential and extensive market foreground,
price competition is not as fierce as silicone.
Advantages compared with PU sealants:
* Bubble free
* Solvent free, no VOC
* Excellent weathering resistance, no yellowing
2. To what materials can the sealants made with STP polymer adhere? Can they bond aluminium, stainless steel, or plastic?
The STP sealants are universal in adhesion, which can bond glass, metal, plastic, wood, ect.. Due to different surface behaviors of different materials, the bonding strength might be different. The sealants have good adhesion to butyl rubber, PVC, PS etc. For metal, especially for aluminium, simple cleaning of the surface is enough. There is no need of primer nor other pretreatments, you can choose eco-friendly such as DMC, ethanol as cleaner.
3. Comparison of different series of STP polymer.
T series polymer is with higher activity. In the processing operations, little tin-containing catalyst is needed. Crystal clear sealants can be mady with T series polymer. The sealant strength is about 2 Mpa. The sealants made with T series polymer are soft, have excellent weathering resistance, high elongation. The sealants are widely applied in the construction field.
E series polymer is lower in activity than T series polymer. The sealants strength is about 3 Mpa. They are commonly used in the industrial field.
DS series polymer is with higher hardness, lower activity. It is easy to process. The sealants strength can reach 6 Mpa.They are often used in the industrial field.
4. The advantages and disadvantages of our STP polymer compared to other companies’ polymer.
Compared to K company, our STP polymer is higher in activity, which can cure with tiny tin-containing catalysts, or tin free catalyst. The STP sealant has better resistance to yellowing.
The polymer of M company is with high viscosity, which causes bad processability. The resistance to yellowing is not as good as STP polymer.
The polymer of W company is with high avtivity, not stable, and difficult to handle.
Besides, our STP polymer has cost advantages.
5. How is the activity of the polymer? Is the surface of STP polymer stickier when curing, compared with K company’s polymer?
We have high and low activity polymer to meet different time requirements of surface drying and curing. No, compared to K company, our STP polymer is less sticky.
6. How is the DS series polymer terminated? Is it terminated by dimethoxy and by triethoxy separately or terminated by mixed dimethoxy and triethoxy?
The DS series polymer is capped with mixed dimethoxy and triethoxy. Each smaples are tested before leaving the factory, so our quantities of each batch are stable.
7. How are the packages of STP polymer and sealants? What are the requirements of their storage? What are their validity period?
Our polymer is packed in metal sealed drum. There is 1 year validity period. If it is opened, the rest polymer should be keeped seal preserved and used up as soon as possible. Its properties will be affected in in damp conditions. For the package of sealants, we recommend the paper cartridge and soft sausage packing with aluminium coating inside and outside. The thickness of aluminium coating had better be no less than 8μm. Except for keeping it sealed, there is no other special requirements. In this case, the sealants can be stored for more than half an year. If packed in plastic cartridge, choose thick one, in which the sealants can be stored for more than half a year.
8. Can the STP polymer be used in printing and dyeing industry?
Our polymer has the potential property of making the painting. It is easily curing when meeting water in the presence of catalysts. We can try to develop this kind of products together.
9. What is the temperature range of the application of sealants? Is it OK to use at 150℃?
It is OK to use at 150℃, but the quality will be affected a lot. Now we suggest that apply at the temperature below 120℃. The recommended temperature range is -40℃~120℃.
10. Can you supply and sell sealants in big quantity?
Recently we do not supply this service. But we can recommend some sealants factories according to your requirements.
Process Related Questions
No. 9 Zhangzhi Road, Huai'an Salt Chemical Industrial Park, Jiangsu
Risun Polymer International Co., Ltd.